Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!

  Last Saturday, Dec 13th, I trucked myself, ( literally, I drove
my 2002 Ford Ranger), out to the Keene, NH Petco so that I
could put on the Santa suit and pose for pictures with peoples
pets. All in the spirit of Christmas and raising money for the
Ferretwise shelter. There was supposed to be several of us
there, I volunteered to be Santa, and I was supposed to have
2 or 3 elves, but due to the nasty ice storm the previous day,
some helpers had to stay home. It ended up being, Dino,
Alicia, and I and a petco employee to man the printer.

  There were actually people lined up and waiting with their
pets when I came out of the changing room so we got right
to business. I haven't got a final count from Alicia, but we
must have taken at least 30 photo's. There were a whole
bunch of dogs of various breeds, 3 cats, and a bunny. There
were also a couple of children thrown in for good measure.
A couple of families did family photo's with their pet and
Santa. Alicia got to be a better photographer as the day went
on. We were there from 11 am until 5 pm. I took the beard
off in between, with Alicia keeping a watch out for children
going by. I wasn't going to be the one to dash beliefs about
Santa.
  I really enjoyed the day being the big man. I know it
was to take pet pictures, but the smiles I got from little
children when they walked by made me feel really good. One
little guy kept steering his father around the store to come by
me again, and he had a big smile on his face. I really liked
that. One nice lady told me I was too young and too skinny
to be Santa, I thanked her. I am happy I was able to make
a few peoples day and maybe Christmas a little brighter.

No comments: