Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Picasso joins the funhouse!

Last Sunday I drove out to Ferretwise for a cookout and to pick up a
new friend who has moved into the "fun house". His name is Picasso,
he comes from down in Massachusetts somewhere. His human
couldn't care for him because he liked to dig into the couch and was
a rough player with the other ferrets. So he moved in with me and my
guys. He turns out to be a very sweet little guy. He is still unsure of
himself at the moment, but is getting used to things.

He was either going to move in with Ozzie and Sasha or JJ, I was
hoping JJ would accept him, he's starting to get a little funny all alone.
He had a 3 hour drive up to where I got him and got to hang around
in a playpen while we humans socialized. He had fun it seemed.
One of the funniest moments came when one of the people, I for
the life of me cannot remember her name, was visiting him and she
said, "He pooped and it is firm and well formed!", everyone let out
a cheer. Then we laughed at ourselves. We are an odd bunch for
sure. ( There were fears he had ingested some of the couch he had
liked to dig in, thus blocking things ).

Anyhow, after all the cookout fun, I collected Picasso and we had a 2
hour drive home, he slept the whole way. Now the fun could begin, but
it turned out not to be as bad as I thought. I brought Picasso in and
stuck him out with JJ and JJ did NOT tear right into him as he usually
does with other ferrets. A few minutes of obligatory butt sniffing went
on and then they went about their business! I was ecstatic! It seems
JJ had a new room-mate. There was a tense moment or two in the
playhouse when JJ did a little authority asserting, but other than that
things went smoothly. Huzzah! The only other problem happened
when I put them away so Ozzie and Sasha could come out. JJ tore
into Picasso for some reason, so I grabbed Picasso out and put
him down on the floor and had a few words with JJ. When I put Picasso
back in, JJ was sweet as pie, I even caught him grooming Picasso. They
share the hanging tent thing piled on top of each other. So all is well.
He hasn't acquired a taste for my soup yet, which is fine with JJ, more
for him!

So that is the latest fun from the fun house. With the new addition
the count is 5. Lil has her 8th birthday coming up in August, so we
will be celebrating a little. That is all for now.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy birthday to Lil! my panda fanatic roommate got a Morn Creations bag as birthday gift.
she is just thrilled with it!
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)