Thursday, October 08, 2009

Latest news from the Funhouse

Last time I posted anything was when Picasso arrived and became JJ's roomie, that was the end of July. Since then things have gone on in a relatively
peaceful fashion. Picasso was a little shy when he first moved in, but
that changed as soon as he became accustomed to the place. He is now
what I would refer to as the biggest wise ass of a ferret I have seen in a
long while. When he and JJ come out to play, he is going 100 miles an hour
or so. He is a jumper, he pounces on my shoes, ankles, shins, whatever
he can get at. If I am wearing shorts, I have to put him away until I finish
the litter box cleaning or I won't get it done. He certainly keeps JJ active.
One thing I wish he would stop, is his decision that the rice bucket is a
litter box. Nobody has ever done that until he got here. I caught him red
handed at it a few times. He is very unapologetic about it. Oh well, what
are you going to do. He has definitely livened things up. I will post some
pictures later on.
We also saw a couple of birthdays, the matriarch of the crew, Lil, turned
8 years old in August, hooray! She is slowing down a bit, but still gets
around and has her treats and soup. She has her routine she goes
through every morning, because she is senior ferret of the crew, she gets
the daytimes out while I am at work. In the morning I get soup ready for all,
I have my own special recipe, which seems to be a hit with the crew. I heat
up bowls full in the microwave and serve. Lil is last because she eats out.
I bring Picasso and JJ their soup, which they tuck right into, then I grab
Ozzie and Sasha and put them in with theirs. Ozzie is awesome, you can
hear him drinking his soup from across the room like a dog in a water bowl.
Then I bring in Lil's and take her out, give her a hug and set her down for
her soup. She likes me to dip my finger in and let her sample a couple of
times, before she eats. After she eats she goes over to the tube and
crawls through, stopping in the middle a couple times for a few minutes
of grooming. After that she stops by the other guys houses to say hi, then
she goes in the playhouse for a nap. Again, some pictures will appear soon.

September was JJ's 7th birthday, he looks pretty darned good for such an old
fart. He still gives me a war dance every day when he comes out, and hates
to be held for too long. He and Picasso get time out from when I get home
until I go to bed. This is when I clean out the litter boxes, so they have great
fun staying as much under foot as possible. After that they get their cookies,
Totally Ferret treats, and then they play. JJ doesn't fit in the tube anymore,
so Picasso can hide there from him. This is because of the prednisone JJ
must take for his melanoma. Seems to be working so far, he doesn't know
he's sick. Maybe next time we do the Childrens Museum the 2 of them can go.
That would be fun.
Well, I have spent enough time for now. Those are the latest happenings
from the Ferret Fun House. If you want my Ferret soup recipe, send an email and I will type it up. It changes sometimes depending on what is on hand,
but the kids like it. Chow for now.



No comments: