Friday, November 20, 2009

A sad day at the funhouse

I am sad to report that Lil, the oldest of my bunch, passed away this
morning at about 11 am. She succumbed to the melanoma. She
lived to the ripe old age of 8 years and 3 months. A feat surpassed
at this house only by Mishka, who made it to 9. I had to go off
this morning and have some oral surgery performed, a wisdom
tooth that needed to come out because there was a cyst in there
pushing it into my jaw. The cyst is benign, so that is good.
Lil being the sweetheart that she was waited until I got back so we
could say goodbye, she passed on in my arms. So now she can play
with her brother Phil, and her cage mates Starlight, Sinbad, and,
Snowdrop again.
Lil was a really good girl, but she had her sneaky streak too. For
the longest time her favorite game was to wait at the door when she
knew I was coming and try to sneak out. This is how I acquired the
automatic reflex of bending over and reaching for a ferret whenever I
enter the room. One of the best escapades that happened because
of her adventurous nature is documented in the posting of
Tuesday September 12, 2006 .
I will miss Lil a lot, she was here from the time she was 8 weeks old
and I believe she liked living here. Lil and her brother Phil were new
to this house when the house was new. They were named after
the twin babies on the Nickelodeon cartoon Rugrats. Bye bye
Lil, we all loved you dearly!

Phil is on the left and Lil is hanging on the side.
This is the day they arrived

No comments: