Friday, July 02, 2010

Boston Children's Museum, May 15th 2010

On Saturday May 15th, 2010 Ferretwise was in Boston at the
children's museum for our annual critter day appearance. It was
great fun. I went in with Picasso and Darkstar this year. JJ having
retired from public service due to age and health issues. Although,
I almost brought him instead of Darkstar, because the evening
before, I went into their room to do the nightly cleaning, and was
greeted by JJ war dancing all over the room! He was in quite
high spirits. but I decided he didn't need the stress and let him
have his well earned peace and quite!
    I packed all the necessities up the night before because I
wanted to be on the road by 8:30am so we could arrive at
10:30am and have time to set up and get settled in. Picasso
and Darkstar are not normally roommates but get along well.
I got the spare traveling carrier ready with bedding, water
bottles, and a litter box and we were ready to go.
    We got in there on time and arrived to find everything all
set up because Dino and Susan got there a little earlier. Skyla
showed up with her 2 kid's so we had a total of 6 ferrets to
meet and greet all the children. We had a playpen for 2 of them
to be out playing while 2 would be held for the the children
to get a closer look at, the other 2 would be resting. We used
shifts of a half hour, so nobody would get too tired.
    We were there on exhibit between 11am to 3pm, and towards
the end, even with the scheduled resting, Darkstar was getting
very cranky. She wouldn't let Susan hold her, she would nip,
so I had to keep her calm, and Susan held Picasso, who likes
everyone. All and all it was good fun, and we educated a bunch
of kid's about ferrets. I would love to name the other ferrets that
were there, but I can't remember their names. The only one I do
remember is Elric, who is Dino's boy, but I can't remember who else.
Alicia, if you read this feel free to chime in and post a comment
listing who else.
    As usual, I will post a picture up here when I get home, took it
on the Iphone. That was 2 post's in one day! I am worn out now! :-)


No comments: