Saturday, November 17, 2007

LAUNDRY DAY

Last weekend, I had decided it was time all the
bedding for the kids needed to be washed. This
is a semi annual event. These guys REALLY hate
it when I do the laundry. They like things just the
way they are. Lil was the only one that seemed to
think it was a fun time. I did it one house at a
time, starting with the 2 boys, JJ and Austin. I
started removing the dirty stuff, hammocks, sleep
sacks, and so on. Now the boys were occupying the
place at the time. It was Lil and Starlights time
out. Austin did not want me doing this, he, to my
surprise, very uncharacteristically nipped at my
hand a few times during the process. Austin never
does this! JJ will do it in the excitement of play,
but Austin seems so mild mannered. I got the job
done despite the protests.

As I pulled stuff out I dumped it in a pile on the
floor. This led to lot's of entertainment for Lil.
She had been asleep in the carrier in the corner
but came out when she heard me rustling around.
All this stuff on the floor to crawl through!
And it smelled like all those other guys she
wished she could get at to show them who is
the boss! She was crawling around frantically
doing the cluck sound ferrets do when they get
really excited. Her tail was totally bottle
brushed too. Lil spent the whole time I was
in there rummaging through all the dirty
laundry. I had to give her a foamy fry to
distract her so I could pick it up and take
it to the washing machine. Of course everyone
saw me do that and it meant treats all around.
I am such a soft touch.

No comments: